If you have a radiant heating system and want to install wood flooring, this 3 in 1 underlayment with a built in moisture barrier is the way to go. The punched holes are in the foam but not in the moisture barrier, so they allow heat to disperse evenly throughout the floor without allowing moisture to pass through.
This underlayment protects your new boards against mold, mildew and moisture. It also provides cushioning between the flooring and the sub-floor to give you a smooth surface to install the planks, as well as basic sound reduction so you don’t have to worry about any loud noises upstairs.
• Cross linked polyethylene foam with punched holes for heat dispersion
• Excellent for radiant heat floors
• Mold and mildew resistant
• Independent closed-cell structure effectively reduces energy exchange due to air convection
• Includes moisture barrier (PE film)
• Includes adhesive strip and overlap film for linking multiple rolls
• IXPE is non-toxic, odorless, chemical/oil/acid resistant and easy to process. Installed with plastic side facing down
• Can be used over hydronic or electric radiant heat systems
Installation is simple and fast, just unroll the underlayment and run it the length of the room until the entire subfloor is covered, using the self-adhering tape strip to fasten it to the floor. Then seal the seams together using tape and the overlapping moisture guard edges prevent moisture from penetrating.