As a homeowner, you have so many flooring options available to choose from. Though the majority of U.S. homeowners select hardwood, there is a great alternative to traditional hardwood floors that should be considered: bamboo flooring. To learn more about our bamboo flooring, take a look at our “Bamboo Flooring 101: A Beginner’s Guide”
Bamboo floors not only look amazing inside homes of all styles, but there are plenty of additional benefits of bamboo flooring as well. From bamboo’s strength and quality to its zero floor shrinkage and eco-friendliness, here are some terrific advantages of installing bamboo floors in your home:
- Water-resistant — Though bamboo isn’t 100% resistant to water damage issues like mold & mildew, it still does a great job compared to other flooring materials. Bamboo works to prevent water damage, staining, and warping inside the home and across the floors. Read our blog How To Clean Up Pet Urine From Bamboo Flooring.
- Strength and durability — Bamboo floors are extremely strong, hard, and durable — much more than other flooring materials. Whether natural or carbonized, strand woven bamboo can be 3 times more durable than red oak. Additionally, bamboo floors are installed and maintained in the same manner as traditional wood floors.
- Ecologically friendly — Bamboo is made from natural vegetation, meaning that the bamboo plant is renewable and able to grow to maturity in as little as three to five years. Conversely, hardwood trees can take around 20 years or more to reach maturity.
- Looks great — Even though this material is strong, water-resistant, and eco-friendly, its main advantage for homeowners is that it simply looks terrific. Bamboo can help the rest of your home stand out and will significantly improve the look, feel, and even the value of your entire property.
- Easy to maintain — Once they have been installed, you don’t have to do too much to keep your bamboo floors clean. You won’t have to perform invasive maintenance projects like you would with other products. All you’ll need to do is sweep or vacuum your floors every once in a while to get rid of debris.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of installing bamboo flooring in your home, you can speak with one of our Ambient Bamboo Flooring professionals today by calling 866-710-7070, today!
If you would like a free sample of our beautiful bamboo or eucalyptus flooring sent to your home, simply click on the box below.