So you have picked out your floor – that was the hard part! The easy part is deciding which underlayment is right for you. If you are looking for the best of the best – then look no further! Our Sound Defender® Vapor Barrier 3 in 1 Rubber Underlayment has the highest sound transmission rating and impact rating of any of our previous underlayments.
Sound reduction is just one of the many benefits to using this product. Everyone that has had to stand on your feet for long periods of time knows how important cushioning is. This 3 mm thick pad will provide long lasting comfort underfoot. Do not forget about the moisture barrier! The gold-foil backing will block any moisture coming up from your subfloor.
Please note: For use under floating hardwood, bamboo, engineered, and laminate floors only. If you have a floor that needs to be nailed or glued down then we recommend 15 lb felt paper.
• Highest in class sound impact and insulation ratings
• Solid rubber with advanced moisture protection and shock absorption
• Corrects minor sub-floor imperfections
• Mold and mildew resistant
• Crush-resistant technology for stellar performance and longevity
• Includes adhesive strip and overlap foil film for connecting multiple rolls
• Installed with foil side facing down
1) Lay over dry, clean and level sub-floor, foil side down.
2) Point the self-adhering strip away from the wall, and then unroll the underlayment with foil side facing down.
3) Roll the rubber pad out completely, with the next row butting up to the edge of the previous row.
4) Remove tape strip and place overlapping foil film over the exposed strip creating a moisture barrier.
5) Any tears in the rubber should be taped to ensure continuous vapor seal.
6) After all underlayment is laid, install your floor according to manufacturer's instructions.
|SOUND RATING||IIC 85, STC 83|
|WEIGHT PER ROLL||55 lbs|
|CAN BE USED FOR||hardwood, bamboo, engineered, laminate|
|ITEM NUMBER (UPC)||691324728215|