Calcium chloride kits accurately measure the amount of moisture (in lbs) emitted in vapor by a concrete slab. Vapor emissions testing is the most widely accepted method to determine the moisture content emissions of a concrete slab.
- Highly recommended & required before installing hardwood and bamboo flooring over a concrete slab
- Inexpensive and easy to use
- Most accurate and widely accepted quantitative test method
- Peace of mind against liability for installation failures due to moisture
- Helps determine the level of vapor barrier needed when comparing flooring adhesives
- Meets ASTM F1869-16a standard
This test kit includes:
- A pre-weighted plastic jar with an airtight snap-on lid containing anhydrous calcium chloride
- A transparent plastic cover with pre-applied adhesive to create an airtight seal over the subfloor
Instructions for use:
- Using a scale that measures in grams, confirm the weight of the calcium chloride prior to testing
- Follow the included instructions to properly prepare the calcium chloride for the 24 hour test
- Weigh the calcium chloride after timed exposure
- Calculate your results using the Concrete Moisture Emission Calculator.